Becoming a leading university with quality education and research in a highly competitive global environment.
Keeping in view the contemporary needs, providing an educational environment for preparing students equipped with competencies and social responsibility
to bring social change through educational reforms and to prosper economy of the country.
Strategic Quality Objectives
The Strategic quality objectives of the QEC are:
1. Maintaining and enhancing the academic rigor and
professional relevance of undergraduate and graduate programs.
2. Improving the range, depth and international recognition of research and scholarly activities.
3. Improving the range, depth and international recognition of research and scholarly activities.
4. Providing systems for an efficient and effective utilization of the academic and research resources of the university.
5. Collection department-wise data and set benchmark.
6. Assess the current status of educational quality at the departmental level.
7. Analysis of data and formulation of recommendation in consultation with concerned Head/ Chairperson/ Incharge of department.
8. Monitoring and implementation of the recommendations
To formulate policy and develop practical guidelines of quality enhancement related to the higher degree programs running at Federal Urdu University of
Arts, Science and Technology.
To develop a program of activities to institutionalize the quality culture in higher education at Federal Urdu University of Arts, Science and technology,
Karachi Campus and to commitment to continuous quality improvement
To develop and implement initiatives to build and strengthen the capacity for provision of high quality education in learning programs at
institutional and individual levels
To monitor and regulate the quality and implementation of all desired measures and policies to improve the standard of higher education in Federal
Urdu University of Arts, Science and Technology.
To measure the expected outcomes/ performance of individual faculty member through internationally evaluated and standard tested procedures
after having provided the requisite teaching, research infrastructure and facilities.
To measure the performance of each Academic Department/ Institute/ Center through annual reviews based on the standard parameters
set for this purpose
To regularly assess and review the Federal Urdu University of Arts, Science and technology in order to assure the quality of the teaching staff and the
teaching and training provisions provided to the students as per the requirement of HEC, PCP, NCHP and PBC
The Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC) is established in Federal Urdu University of Arts, Science and Technology to be headed by a Professional whose services are hired against the relevant criteria for quality assurance of higher education. The status of QEC head is equivalent to Dean and reporting authority for this position is Vice Chancellor / Rector. He / she is the correspondent with the outside bodies and responsible for Internal Academics Audit as well. Quality Assurance Authority established at Higher Education Commission regulates the Quality Enhancement Cell.
1. The Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC) is headed by the Director reporting directly to Vice Chancellor. He is the correspondent with the outside bodies.
2. QEC is responsible for promoting public confidence that the quality and standards of the award of degrees are enhanced and safeguarded.
3. QEC reviews of quality standards and the quality of teaching and learning in each subject area.
4. QEC reviews academic affiliations with other institutions in terms of effective management of standards and quality of programs.
5. QEC defines clear and explicit standards as points of
reference for the reviews to be carried out. It should also help the employees to know as to
they could expect from candidates.
6. QEC develops qualifications framework by setting out the
attributes and abilities that can be expected from the holder of a qualification, i.e. Master’s,
7. QEC is responsible to develop program specifications.
These are standard set of information clarifying what knowledge, understanding, skills and other
attributes a student will have developed on successfully completing a specific program.
8. QEC develops quality assurance processes and methods of
evaluation to affirm that the quality of provision and the standard of awards are being
maintained and to foster curriculum, subject and staff development, together with research and other scholarly activities.
9. QEC ensures that the university’s quality assurance
procedures are designed to fit in with the arrangements in place nationally for maintaining and
improving the quality of Higher Education.
10. QEC also develops procedures for the following:
> Approval of a new program
> Annual Monitoring and evaluation including program monitoring, Faculty monitoring, and student perceptions
> Departmental review
> Student feedback
> Employer feedback
> Quality assurance of Master’s, M. Phil and PhD degree programs
> Subject review
> Institutional assessment
> Program specifications
Following plan has been chalked out for implementation of QA at FUUAST.
Creating awareness and ethos at FUUAST about QA in education through :-
> Participation in meetings of Quality Circles/ Seminars/
> Arrangement of training sessions for PTs /AT
> Availability of QA information on FUUAST website
> Study of Best Practices in QA in Education and dissemination to all stake holders
> QA policy formulation to be followed at FUUAST under the
guidelines provided by HEC
> Development of QA Tools (Mostly available in HEC guidelines)
> Assuring Quality of Faculty Induction
> QA – Self Assessment by HoDs
> QA Capacity building through staff training and skill development
> Monitoring and control of all QA activities
> Submission of progress report to VC/ top management of FUUAST
> Continuous Monitoring and Evaluation of QA processes Submission of Self Assessment Report (SAR) to HEC
The Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan has established a Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) with the objective of significant enhancement of quality in higher leanings and international compatibility. The HEC intends to play its part in spearheading the building of a knowledge based economy in Pakistan. For this purpose, Quality Enhancement Cells are being setup at all the public and non-public universities in a phased manner. Accordingly, a QEC has been setup at FUUAST to achieve higher standards of education. A framework for this purpose has been developed in line with the international standards by HEC for measuring the outcomes of all the programs that are being run in an institution. The institutional level quality assurance processes are required to develop an ultimate Quality Culture with the goal that quality is central focus of the institution at all levels and is integral part of all academic practices. It involves all aspects and tiers of academic research and scholarship including students, faculty, staff, governance, management, infrastructure, facilities, funding etc.
Institutional level Quality Assurance System defines that Quality assurance is primarily a responsibility of the higher educational institutions. Creating enabling learning environment for the students is the core of mission and goals achievable through all academic activities planned and conducted by them.
Higher Education Commission (HEC) has developed methods for assessing the quality of academic programs through self assessment. It is a systematic process of gathering, reviewing and using important quantitative and qualitative data and information from multiple and diverse sources about educational programs, for the purpose of improving student learning, and evaluating whether academic and learning standards are being met. The process culminates when assessment results are used to improve student learning. The objectives of self-assessment are to:
1. Maintain and continuously enhance academic standards
2. Enhance students’ learning
3. Verify that the existing programs meet their objectives and institutional goals
4. Provide feedback for quality assurance of academic programs
5. Prepare the academic program for review by discipline councils
You Are not Authorized to See Survey
Please! Log-in First to see available Survey